Friday, November 20, 2009

nuff said!

This story's too good not to share. It really was one of the moments that I thought, "did I really just hear that??!?!"
Of course I hear fabulous stories from kids all the time at work. Really, to all the mom's out there, you'd be shocked what you're kids hear and where the share it. Just a little FYI, even when they look like they're not listening, they are!
But I digress. I think the most shocking thing about this story is, I'm sure the little girl didn't just over hear this. It was taught to her, which is why I'm still in disbelief.
So I was chatting with "Sally."
Sally: I've seen the Eifel Tower.
Me: Oh, really, that's neat.
Sally: Yeah, but you have to be really careful there, because its dangerous.
Me: Oh, because its so high?
Sally: No, because there are black people there that like to take cute children and give them to people that don't have kids.
Me: Oh! Ok?!?! (trying to mask the shock!)
Sally: I was really lucky I wasn't taken.
And I guess I'm just leavin' it at that!

3 comments:

Inside Out said...

Well Sally is right. .. ., isn't she? Why were you shocked? Because the black people only take CUTE children? Is that why? That is quite discriminatory, isn't it? What about the ugly kids?

Michelle said...

WoW! I think I like the inadvertantly x-rated things the kids tell us better.

Tara and Dan said...

hahahahah I'm laughing at that first comment :)