Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween!

This is how Indy woke up on Sunday morning. But what you can't see is the LARGE amounts of eye crusties... I know. Gross!! So Monday was day one of no school.
But wait, the story gets better!

We were at my parent's house a LOT trying to get her costume done. Eric came home from work feeling really crappy on Monday morning. He actually left work, Monday night and headed to the insta care. He called me while I was at my parents and told me he'd been diagnosed with H1N1... Lovely!
The doctor strongly recommended that he not be around me, his pregnant wife.
Even more lovely, huh?!?
So, we were good and followed the advise of the doctors. Indy's doctor recommended keeping her home from school in case she came down with it. So that was day 2 and 3 of no school.
Needless to say, we were both VERY ready for her to go to school today!
Unfortunately, she missed her Halloween party at school, as well as in her dance class. I also missed my most favorite week of work... poo!
BUT! very fortunately, Eric's temp broke on Tuesday night, so we were able to come home on Wednesday! He's still feeling a bit cruddy, but he's on the mend and that's the most important thing! Also, miraculously, Indy and I managed to stay healthy. Now, we just need to hunt down the vaccine before we come in contact with it again!
And best of all, we finished Indy's AMAZING costume! It makes me happy to see her in it! If you ask her who RainbowBrite is, she'll tell you, "She's the girl that colors the world and makes it beautiful!" She's definitely the RainbowBrite in my world!


Here she is with just 3 (the top 2 on the left are fake) of the 8 pumpkins I carved. I have blisters!
now I need to be done, because I have to pee... again..... :)





5 comments:

ROSIE said...

That costume is so dang cute!!!!
I can't stop dancing & singing MJ songs . . . Rocking Out!!!

Michelle said...

I am so happy you and Indy didn't get sick - HOORAY!! Indy looks incredibly cute. I want her to teach me all she knows about Rainbow Brite. Don't feel too badly about the work thing - a lot of the kids didn't dress up this year - it was a bummer. And my little bug who was going to be a chippendale's dancer didn't come to class. Maybe we should have costumes more than once a year.

Amy said...

Trish, I can't believe you carved 8 pumpkins!! Holy Moly woman, I carved one, and it wasn't that great. We all have our own talents I guess. Her costume is too cute. Love it. Stay healthy.

Modernality said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tara and Dan said...

I adore that rainbow brite costume...

hahahahhahhahhahahahahha pardon me.... I'm still laughing about the Chippendale's baby :)