Wednesday, February 11, 2009

shhh... i smell something


Well, today was anything but stress free. By about 3 I'd all but lost my patience with Indy and was totally ready to call it a day.... and we still had lots to do. I realized at Indy's new swimming lessons that i HATE them and want her out of them asap before she totally regresses in skills, which means I have to somehow rationalize to myself (and more importantly, Eric) that it's ok to pay the outrageous fees for the other ones.... argh!

Then I had to rush home, get my dishes done that had somehow exploded all over my kitchen counter AGAIN! (how does that really happen.... honestly!) The thought of making dinner raced through my mind just as i realized i had to leave to meet Eric at the car dealership. Apparently the 5 hours and 50 BILLION signatures weren't enough... they needed more. I really considered just severing the arm and leg here at home to save some time at the dealership. sheesh....


The whole time i'm thinking to myself.... lighten up... chill out.... have a better attitude (that's what i always tell indy, right?!?!) I was having one of those, man-i'm-being-nasty moments. and it always seems, that's when indy knows i need a laugh.

After the dealership, we grabbed some drive-thru (ugh!) and indy suddenly got real quiet. she said, in a whisper, "shhh, do you smell that mom? i smell something coming... it smells like it's coming closer." clearly, she doesn't understand smelling and hearing are two very different things, (maybe we should work on that!) but it still made me laugh and forget about how crappy the rest of the day had been. aren't kids great!

0 comments: