Thursday, November 6, 2008

Let It Snow!

I have to admit. Fall is my favorite season and it seems that here in Utah we get jipped on fall. I am not ready for it to be full-blown winter yet, but I really did enjoy the snow yesterday. Indy woke up and as soon as she finished breakfast, asked to go out and play in the snow. So, 20 minutes later, (thanks to all the snow clothes.... sheesh!) out we went. Of course, the first thing she did was eat it. We had a long talk about the difference between CLEAN snow and DIRTY snow.... hopefully it made sense to her.

I tried to show her how fun it was to make a snow angel. I don't think she really got it. The snow wasn't deep enough yet to really see it, and the snow fell in her eyes while she was laying there. I said, "want to do it again?" She said, "No, I don't bery like it."

She couldn't wait to build a snowman. I think it's more like snow-mini-me, but she was happy about it. Soon we ended up adding bunny ears to make it "Snuggle Bunny." That lasted for a while, until she decapitated it. I asked why she took off its head and she said that the snowman didn't like it.... just smile and knod!!


And apparently, my dog, who I can barely get to leave the couch, normally, turns into SUPER DOG when it snows! I've always tried to teach her to catch things when I toss them to her. She pretty much just lets it hit her in the head... Toss her a snow ball and she's all over it! She chases them down, jumps and catches them in her mouth! Who knew?!?

0 comments: