Wednesday, January 5, 2011

30, Flirty, and Thriving!


I've decided to take an idea from one of my favorite people, Michelle Denney, who wrote 40 life stories to mark her 40th birthday. I'm turning 30 this year (and proud of it!). However, as much as I loved reading all of Michelle's 40 stories, I'm starting a bit late and really don't have the literary yearnings to write 30 stories. So, instead I give you my 30 most magical/meaningful moments. (in no particular order!) Enjoy!


1. Saying "I do" to my soul mate.

2. Seeing Indy on the ultra sound, despite all the odds saying she shouldn't have been there.

3. Finally seeing 2 lines on the pregnancy test instead of just the one that I'd seen for over 2 years.

4. Taking a family picture and having it feel complete.

5. Skiing at Deer Valley resort before the lifts open. So peaceful.

6. Hanging out at the gazebo in middle school. (we were so cool!)

7. Watching DMB from the front row in Austin, TX.

8. Driving by myself in my own car for the first time.

9. Realizing that I'd forever be tied to my high school friends because of February 12th.

10. Swimming at night.

11. Watching the sunrise, while sitting on the sidewalk with my future husband. (now current hubby!)

12. Singing "The Lord Bless You and Keep You" in the church at the cluster concerts.

13. My first kiss. (unfortunately, not too romantic... on a school bus with a bunch my friends starring! but still a "moment"!)

14. Seeing Indy's face when she finished her first swim race.

15. Rocking my kids to sleep.

16. Realizing that I was in charge of my life, and my choices.

17. Watching "Watcher in the Woods" in the woods, on a pile of leaves.

18. Watching a lightning storm from the top of a mountain in my jeep.

19. My soccer team winning city champs.

20. Sitting in the middle of a field, in a rusted out old car, with my childhood best friend.

21. Talking in the garden with my grandpa.

22. Every "family hug," every night.

23. Finally learning and understanding, "what other people think about me is none of my business."

24. Stealing the gnome.

25. The Cure concert...

26. Letting "I love you" slip out the first time to Eric.

27. Holding Gage for the first time.

28. Holding Indy for the first time.

29. When Eric sat in my lap and kissed me for the first time!
30. Watching fireworks with my kids.

3 comments:

Lana said...

I love it. Great list--I don't know if I could come up with a good one if I sat down to try. It would have to come to me on the toilet or shower or something... :)

Are we seriously turning 30 this year!!?!?!?! STOP!

lisa midge said...

I feel a little special being apart of #19. And if Im wrong, and it was a different win, dont tell me! :)

Great list. Great memories. And Im excited to hear about more of them in the future!

ROSIE said...

Good job Tricia! Welcome to the dirty thirties!!! Doesn't it feel GRAND!