Tuesday, April 27, 2010

She's the Magic

Just a quick update to the castle story.
We unfortunately (or maybe fortunately, depending how you look at it!) weren't able to make it to the castle that day. (thanks to a lovely unexpected trip to my doc for high blood pressure that lasted 3-ish hours... did I mention I'm SO ready for this baby to come!!)
Indy was of course beyond bummed that we didn't get to go but I told her we'd go ASAP. A day or so later she came to me with this.
"I think there is princesses at the castle. You've just never seen them. I think if you went all the way to the top, you'd see them."
To which I replied, "I think you're exactly right!"

1 comments:

Lana said...

Very good answer indeed! I was just talking to my sister-in-law today about a topic that this reminded me of. Her kids are super imaginative and mine are super practical. Like, her kids will be pretending something silly and unrealistic and one of mine will be like, "Hmm...that's not really how it is..." etc. Is this from me squishing any imagination??! Have I tried to "take away magic" because I've always tried to explain why stuff is the way it is?

But it sounds to me like Indy has a healthy imagination and won't be deterred from her princess castle! :) She's a cutie!

when are you posting pics of your BABY BUMP before you pop that kid out?!? :) Hope you're feeling okay--well, as well as can be expected. Hang in there!